Affiliated with US and Massachusetts Youth Soccer Associations, TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community-based program that is designed to meet the needs of young athletes that have physical and/or intellectual disabilities. TOPSoccer is geared towards player participation and development rather than competition, with players placed in groups or on teams according to ability and NOT age. This program is designed to improve the overall fitness, self-esteem and social skills of the athletes.
- Program is available in the fall and spring seasons
- Session times: Spring 2023 sessions: Fridays 5:15-6:30pm, April 26 – June 7. No sessions May 24 or May 31.
- Location: Cole North turf – 179 Boden Ln.
- Open to children in grades K-12
- Cost: $65 which includes a ball and a Natick Soccer uniform
- Registration is now available – REGISTER HERE
- Clinic-style program
- Each session will include: Group exercises/warm-ups, Game/drill stations, Small-sided games/scrimmages
- Designed to match needs of each athlete through group activities or if necessary, individualized plans and activities
- Sessions will be staffed by coaches and community volunteers, also known as Buddies, who will make sure sessions are organized, fun, and ensure participation of all athletes
- Each child will be matched with a Buddy at the beginning of the season
- End of season party for the athletes will be held at the field following the last session and each child will be given a participation medal.
What are the benefits of TOPSoccer for my child?
- Your child will develop a strong sense of belonging within the soccer community
- Learn the value of being part of a team
- Improve self-esteem, fitness and social skills
- Learn and develop new soccer skills
What should families expect from the TOPSoccer program?
- A fun and meaningful experience for your child and your family
- Games and activities adapted to ensure your child’s participation
- Sessions/games will be well-staffed and organized
- Safe and healthy environment
- Parents will have the opportunity to network with other families for support and information-sharing
Ho can I volunteer for the program?
- Natick’s TOPSoccer buddy program is primarily staffed by high-school aged students, grades 9-12. 8th graders may also assist the main buddies with their athletes. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Garrett Mann @ firstname.lastname@example.org